SKIP AHEAD TO
|Create a User
|Assign one or more Users to a Workspace
|Enterprise Subscription - Create a Security Group
|Enterprise Subscription - Assign Security Group to a Workspace
|Advantages of the Imago Security Hierarchy
User Roles provide Administrators and Subscription Owners the ability to control the level of access within the Imago ecosystem.
A Role is a collection of Permissions which could be based on a job function for example. Permissions are assigned to Roles and Roles are assigned to Users.
A Role provides a level of permissions when working in the Imago Portal. Imago provides has main roles for the users:
|Create and edit content but not delete content.
|View content only. Cannot create, delete or edit content
Create a User
As outlined above, only a Subscription Owner or an Owner (Administrator) can create and assign roles. If this is not you, please contact us.
1. In the Imago Portal, Click your user name in the top right corner to see the dropdown menu and click My Workspaces:
2. On the Settings page, click User Management:
The Security Group Tab is only visible to Enterprise customers only.
Users can be Activated or Deactivated.
Currently, it is not possible to delete or change the username. A workaround is to make the User inactive and create a user with the a different Username but the same Name and Email as the deactivated User.
3. There are two tabs, User and Security Group. The User Tab page shows existing user details. These may be edited. Click Create User and the Create User area is displayed (pre-populated with examples) :
4. This is pre-populated (disappears when something is typed) with an example for each field. Enter the User details and click Save:
5. A User summary is displayed in which the password can be changed:
Assign one or more Users to a Workspace
A User can now be assigned to a Workspace. The process is straightforward.
1. Select Workspaces from the left panel and the relevant Workspace:
2. Let's select Firefly Resource Development:
The Assign Security Groups button is only visible to Enterprise Customers.
3. Click User Permissions:
On the Workspace Permissions page, the following steps should be followed:
a. Unassigned Users are listed on the right-hand side. To add a User to the Workspace. Click the + alongside the user name. This will move the User to the Member list on the left-hand side.
b. Click to assign the User as a Viewer. The User will not be able to make any edits on the Imago Portal. Click to assign the User as an Contributor. The User can make edits on the Imago Portal.
c. Click Refresh to refresh the list the page.
d. To remove a Member from the Workspace, click the Trash Can . Note this does not remove the User from the Imago Portal. It merely moves them to the Unassigned User list.
Create a Security Group
For our Enterprise Customers, an additional level of security is provided.
The next step is to define one or more Security Groups and assign users to the relevant Security Group(s). These groups provide a range of permissions. For example two Security Groups (Editors and Readers) have been defined:
A Security Group can be removed by click the 'x' to the right of the Group Name (above diagram). However, if the Security Group has been assigned to a Workspace, it will not be allowed. You will see this message:
To assign or remove a User from a Security Group is straightforward. Click on the relevant Security Group and the Security Group page is displayed:
- Assign a User not in the Group by clicking the '+' alongside the user name;
- Remove a User by clicking the 'x' alongside the User name;
- Where the Group contains a long list of names, use the Search to find a User.
Permissions are NOT assigned to a Security Group when it is created. This occurs when the Security Group is assigned to a Workspace Tier (next Section).
Assign a Security Group to a Workspace
With Users created and assigned to Security Groups providing the level of permissions for these Groups, a Security Group can be assigned to one or more Workspaces.
An Enterprise subscription is required to be able to assign a Security Group to one or more Workspaces. Contact us for more details.
- Users created with appropriate permissions;
- Security Groups created and;
- Users assigned to a Security Group.
Security Groups can now be assigned to one or more Workspaces. Staying in Settings:
a. Click Workspaces:
The page has two distinct areas, Workspaces and Tiers:
1. Workspaces displays the list of Workspaces. New Workspaces may be added;
2. Workspace Tiers displays, as the name implies, Workspaces grouped into Tiers. Here the Workspace Tiers are Region based. These can be Project based or any form of grouping.
3. This article is focussed on Roles and Permissions, so let's look an example. In this case we'll add a Security Group to the South East by clicking South East first:
South East has the Grasshopper Mine Production and Blackfly Exploration Workspaces added already. However, there are no assigned Security Groups.
4. Clicking Security Groups brings up the Assign Security Groups dialog:
5. Click the down arrow for a dropdown list of defined Security Groups and select a Security Group:
6. In this example, we want Readers to view this Workspace tier only, so Readers is selected from the drop down list and Viewer is selected:
7. In addition, Editors are to be assigned, but this time as Contributors:
i. Click Contributor and;
ii. Select Editors from the list
The dialog now looks like this:
8. Finally, click Assign to return to the Workspaces page:
South East now has two Security Groups assigned. Readers has Viewer permissions only and Editors has Collaborator permissions.
Advantages of the Imago Security Hierarchy
• Enforce a Company's security policy with a flexible role-based access control
• Empower an Administrator with the means to assign Roles to Users and grant permissions based on the appropriate level of security for the individual.
|IT and Security
|Imago Professional Services
|Imago Support Policy
|Explore the Imago Web Portal
|Data Hierarchy within Imago