Download the driver for the Chip Shot Pi serial cable here.
Download the test application for the serial cable here
To reset the the controller unplug it from the power outlet.
Used for navigating between screens
1. Back button: Returns to the previous screen
2. Home Button: Goes to the home screen
3. Settings Button: Goes to the top level settings page
4. Manual Button: Goes to the manual page
Used to set and run current routine
- Start Button: Starts the routine that is currently selected in the routine selection dropdown (2)
- Routine Selection Dropdown: Brings up a menu of all created routines
- Delete Button: Delete the currently selected routine in the the routine selection dropdown (2)
- Use Spray Checkbox: If checked, the system will spray down the sample before running the routine
Top level page for app settings
- Motor Settings Button: Goes to the motor settings page
- General Settings Button: Goes to the general settings page
Settings specific to the motor clicking on a number allows direct input
- Acceleration: The rate at which the motor accelerates to its maximum velocity
- Deceleration: The rate at which the motor decelerates before reaching the next position
- Max Velocity: Sets the fastest speed the motor can go during a routine
- Current: The current used while moving the motor
- Home Motor: Runs the home motor routine by moving the carriage slowly towards the start limit switch until it is triggered and then setting zero to an offset of that. Run this any time the belt slips.
- Restore Defaults: Changes all numbers back to their initial state
Settings for adjusting values used in routines clicking on a number allows direct input
- Delay before the camera triggers: Set to the time in milliseconds the routine should wait before triggering the camera after it has reached its position.
- Delay after the camera triggers: Set to the time in milliseconds the routine should wait after the camera triggers before moving to the next position
- Pump Prime Timer: The amount of time in milliseconds the pump should be on before starting the routine. Set higher if the spray does not have enough water at the beginning of the routine
- Spray On Timer: The amount of time in milliseconds the spray actuator stays on before shutting off again
- Nozzle Offset: Adjustment in millimeters to make sure the spray is hitting in the center of the target
Allows user to trigger IO and move the motor manually
- Position Jog: Moves the motor left or right in the speed set (2)
- Jog Speed: Sets the speed the motor should move the carriage in manual mode
- Light Toggle Button: Toggles the button on or off.
- Camera Trigger Button: Triggers the camera to take a photo
- Pump Toggle Button: Turns the pump on or off
- Spray Trigger Button: Triggers the spray actuator for the time set in General Settings