Using an imaging stand like this https://www.dynamicsgex.com.au/products/rc-chip-sample-photography-stations you can capture 2, 4, or 5 compartments of a single chip tray to improve the resolution of the image. Imago will then take the resulting images and present them back to the user as a single chip tray.
- Camare support with LED lighting at 45 degrees
- Camera with a charged battery (6 hours). Have a spare battery on charge
- Latest Imago Capture software installed
- Water spray bottle
- Chip trays filled to the same level – consistency is key for a depth of field / sharp images
Figures (i). Copy stand, lighting at 45 degrees. (ii) Chip trays in a batch.
- Settings for Camera - ISO 100 (sharpness) FStop between 10-16 & white balance fixed
- Use digitcam control to set these (need to close for Imago Capture to work)
- Or manually adjust using the camera menu functionality
- Set the Lens to be on “Manual focus” by clicking the button (Figure iii)
- Do not allow autofocus or the camera to do any automatic correction
- Frame you desired number of compartments, for example (5) compartments will be quicker capture, but will be lower resolution (Figure i). Use live view from digicam control to do this.
- Be sure to include the labeled lid depth of the compartment in the FOV of the tray view
- Use a single row crop for the compartments (no lid), this will go into the downhole view
- Adjust the manual focus to sharpen the image (Figure v)
- Repeat until you get optimal fit and resolution. You won’t need to adjust this very often if the compartments are equally filled
- Mark the imaging station base with marks that let the user know where to start and stop the tray movement.
Figures. (iii) Manual focus switch (iv) FOV = 5 compartment (v) Focusing the lens manually
- Move the chip tray into the labelled positions. Once position for every shot of the chip tra
- Do not crop
- Do edit frame and ensure there is 5 compartments are covered within the row cropping
- Use a template to save the frame for re-use
- Spray interval with water (careful not to wet the camera lens)
- Slide the chip tray along for the next interval.
- System should auto increment for the corresponding interval.
- At the EOH, return to the “Image Gallery” page to preview the work completed
- If there’s any data issues, double click the interval to go back to fix
- Move to next hole, repeat as above
- Routinely hit “Upload” for pushing up images to portal.
The images should look like the example below once uploaded.
- Chip tray has 5 compartments with the labeled depths from the lid included
- The downhole view shows a full reconstruction of the chip tray down the drillhole.