SKIP AHEAD TO
Using an imaging stand like this, 2, 4, or 5 compartments of a single chip tray can be captured to improve the resolution of the image. The Imago Portal will display these images as a single chip tray:
There are some prerequisites:
- A Camera support with LED lighting at 45 degrees.
- A Camera with a charged battery (6 hours). Recommend there be spare battery on charge.
- Latest version of Imago Capture X desktop application installed.
- A Water spray bottle.
- Chip trays filled to the same level – consistency is the key for a depth of field / sharp images
Click any image to see a larger view.
Figures (i). Copy stand, lighting at 45 degrees. (ii) Chip trays in a batch.
3. Station Setup
- Settings for the Camera:
- ISO 100 (sharpness) F-stop between 10-16 & white balance fixed;
- Use digitcam control to set these (need to close for Imago Capture X to work) or manually adjust using the camera menu functionality;
- Set the Lens to “Manual focus” by clicking the button (Figure iii);
- Do not allow autofocus or the camera to do any automatic correction.
- Frame the desired number of compartments, for example (5) compartments will make a quicker capture, but will be lower resolution (Figure i). Use live view from the digicam control to do this:
- Make sure to include the labelled lid depth of the compartment in the FOV of the tray view;
- Use a single row crop for the compartments (no lid), this will go into the downhole view;
- Adjust the manual focus to sharpen the image (Figure v);
- Repeat until optimal fit and resolution. There will be no need to adjust this often so long as the compartments are equally filled.
- Use marks on the imaging station base to let the operator know where to start and stop the tray movement.
Figures. (iii) Manual focus switch (iv) FOV = 5 compartment (v) Focusing the lens manually
4. Capture Images
- Move the chip tray to the labelled positions; one position for every shot of the chip tray.
- Do not crop.
- Do edit frame and ensure 5 (or 4, if relevant) compartments are covered within the row cropping.
- Take advantage of an Imago Capture X Template to save the frame for re-use.
- Spray the interval with water (but be careful not to wet the camera lens).
- Slide the chip tray along to the next interval.
- Imago Capture X should auto increment for the corresponding interval.
- At the EOH, return to the Imago Capture X Image Gallery to preview completed captures.
- If there are image quality issues, double click the interval to retake.
- Move to next hole and repeat steps 1-5 above.
- Routinely hit “Upload” to upload images to the Imago Portal.
Here are some Imago Capture X Hot Keys
The Chip tray has 5 compartments labelled with the depths and the downhole view shows a full reconstruction of the chip tray:
|Imago Capture X - Overview|
|Edit Image Data Before and After Upload|
|Use the Frame and Core Cropping Tools|
|Imago Capture X Hot Keys|
|Import Images and Watcher Directory Options|