This article explains how to set up and demonstrate displaying images in Surpac by clicking on a drill hole trace in Surpac. It requires installing TCL scripts and adding a button to the Surpac menu bars. The scripts are available here: ImagoSurpacScripts.zip
When a drillhole is clicked, the script automatically constructs a URL of the image associated with the clicked drill trace. It passes the URL to the Imago web portal via the Imago API. Imago opens the image in the Imago viewer.
- Unzip the tcl scripts zip file into a folder. It should be a folder that doesn't change and is not your working directory. e.g. c:\Imago\TclScripts
- Open Surpac then go to the Customise -> Customise Menu/Toolbars function
- Create an Imago toolbar:
- Expand out User Menus/Toolbars
- Select Toolbars
- Click "New"
- Select the new toolbar and click "Edit" to rename it
- Create two toolbar buttons.
- Select your Imago toolbar in the list
- Click "New" to create a new button
- Change the settings so it points to the imago-config.tcl, like in this picture:
- Click Apply
- Add a new button, this time pointing to dh_select.tcl, like this:
- Click Apply
- Click Apply in the Modify Menus and Toolbars Dialog
- Change to your Surpac working directory
- Display your drillholes
- Run the Imago Config using your toolbar button.
- Type in the project and other settings.
- These are used by Imago Live to display the correct imagery
- These settings are saved to your working directory.
- Run the second script from your toolbar
- Click points along the drillhole trace to inspect them, and a browser will open to display the drillhole images.
- Hit ESC to stop selecting points.
This is the Imago setup form you see when click the config button:
Testing with Demonstration Data
Sign into Imago Demo account: Username ImagoDemo1 Password: ImagoDemo1
Imago Demo dataset: There are two drillholes that have the same name as two drillholes in the Surpac demo drillhole database.
NB: This Surpac demo drillhole database is installed by default for all Surpac Installations. Usually here:
The two drillholes are WD011 and WD032
Copy these two tcl scripts into the Surpac Demo directory:
- tcl into the demo directory.
To display the demo drillholes in Surpac, Run TCL script 1_Setup_Demo_Holes.tcl
Then section it by running 2_Setup_dh_section.tcl
Digitising a polygon …
This is the best place to click. i.e. WD011: