Before you explore the Imago web portal, this section explains the overall concept of Imago.
Page down to page 3 to explore the Imago Web portal with our live demo account.
With Imago it is only a single camera click to:
- Capture images, label with Hole ID and depths.
- Crop Core and Chip tray images to downhole depth registered images.
- Auto save to PC with live sync to Imago Cloud or sync when online. Auto copy to internal drive.
Once your images are captured …
You have easy access to images via Imago Web from any location.
- Zoom in to take full advantage of the image resolution.
- Integration with popular geology and mine planning tools. Click the drillhole trace to open the corresponding image.
Imago may be used at all stages of exploration, development and mining:
- Capture images of Chip Piles at the drill site for exploration air drilling using Imago Mobile.
- Capture Chip Tray images, with cells automatically cropped and depth registered.
- Capture Core Tray images with core automatically cropped to downhole depth registered images.
- Capture field images, face samples, thin sections. Any type of geological image can be managed by Imago.
The Imago value proposition
Most exploration and mining companies invest significant effort in capturing and storing images of their geology core trays. Increasingly Imago customers are photographing their chip trays and chip piles at the drill site. Most geologists feel that accessing those images is time consuming and inefficient. There is significant value to be gained from easy, rapid access to high quality geology images for every stage of the drilling, interpretation and modelling process.
Imago is centred around the capture, management and viewing of high quality core and chip images, greatly improving:
Quality of geological logging and re-logging.
- Quality of geological Interpretation and modelling.
- Supervision and real time review of site-based drilling chip and core logging.
- Monitoring and review of active drilling programs.
- Collaborative review of geology.
- Structure observation and measurement.
While the storage and access to core and chip images is the primary source of the value, Imago also provides advice to customers to help in achieving:
More efficient image capture.
- Higher quality images in terms of consistency of colour, lighting and resolution.
- Advice can be provided on cameras, capture stations and image capture process.
Imago is collaborating with industry and investing in Machine Learning techniques focused on helping customers gain insights directly from your library of drilling sample and core images.
By aiding customers in achieving higher image quality and consistency, Imago helps position your business to apply more advance machine learning techniques as they become available.
Please open this link to view images of capture stations and Imago screen images:
Continue down to explore the Imago live portal …
Explore the Imago Web portal
This tutorial provides a brief guide to view core and chip tray images in the Imago Web portal using the demonstration account.
Open www.imago.live and click TRY IT NOW
Click the image in point 1:
Username: ImagoDemo1 Password: ImagoDemo1 > Click Sign in
Viewing the data
This image shows the layout of the portal. Note the search option at the top left where you can enter a drill hole or part name to display a list of matching holes.
To start, click where shown to open the drilling dataset in the Phoenix Exploration workspace.
Click on a drill hole, then try switching between light table and image gallery at the top right. Mouse wheel to zoom.
Make sure you have returned to the light table. Untick Core boxes, and tick Downhole Wet images. Mouse wheel to zoom. Click and drag to reposition image on light table.
You can add other data to your view by selecting from the list of drill holes.
Choose which images from the new hole to display.
You can add any type of images, registered to depth and display alongside the core or chip images. For example; geophysical logs, televiewer images, hyperspectral or images representing XRF readings.
Now select the three drill holes. Tick the Down hole > Wet image option for each hole.
On the lower right, click the button to display to scale. A yellow line indicates your mouse depth. Use the Ctrl key together with mouse click/drag up and down to adjust the depth of each image. This is a visual adjustment - depths are not saved.
To view chip trays, close the workspace, then select the Imago Demo workspace. Select hole CCR002. Zoom in using the mouse to see the value of high-quality images in the Imago environment.
Interfaces with Geology and Mine Planning tools
This image shows the display of the corresponding image in Imago by selecting a drill hole trace in a geology/mine planning tool (Surpac).
Click for list of products that interface with Imago: https://www.imago.live/integrations/