Through Imago Tools you can create a 3D georeferenced textured mesh in *.obj format. This format is supported by most of the Geologic Modeling packages and will allow you to display your images oriented in 3D space. To generate the obj file you will need to provide Imago Tools with the collar and survey details for the nominated drillhole(s) via specifically formatted files.
To access the help related to this function use the following command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Imago\imago-tools\imago-cmd.exe" dhmesh
The following files have been formatted as per the applications requirements an are provided as a workable example:
The generate a texture mesh for this example you will need to save the files provided into a known directory, form example D:\scratch. To generate the mesh assuming the example directory is selected, you would run the following command:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Imago\imago-tools\imago-cmd.exe" --user ImagoDemo1 --password ImagoDemo1 dhmesh --width 1000 D:\Scratch\collar.csv D:\Scratch\survey.csv D:\Scratch\
This will create folder D:\Scratch\SI-17-72_CoreBoxes_Wet\
to review the imagery in Imago for this project use the following User: ImagoDemo1 and Password: ImagoDemo1 The imagery can be found here: https://portal.imago.live/api/display?img=4f449076-b0fc-4151-a479-6ceecd6bedda
To download an example of a mesh already generated visit the imago download page. At the bottom of the page you will find instructions to access a Leaprog scene using the free Leapfrog Viewer.
- If using Leapfrog Geo make sure it is version 4.1+ earlier version do not support texture on meshes
- The -width parameter controls the resolution of the image. When you are testing to get the right fit for your images use a really low number like 100 to increase download speeds
- The "sweeplength" parameter in the collar file controls how squished or elongated the image is. Modify this number until you see the image with the same ratio dimensions as you see in the Imago Portal.
- You can import more than one *.obj file at the same time by selecting these during import
- You can create meshes for more than one drillhole at a time by specifying them on the collar and survey files
- Imago uses the raw tangent desurvey method. Use these settings when displaying your drillholes: http://help.leapfrog3d.com/Geo/4.2/en-GB/Content/drillholes/desurveying-options.htm